Whether you're a first-time traveler or seasoned globe-trotter, the Potawatomi Zoo offers travel experiences that will take your breath away. Discover exciting destinations and inspiring eco-tourism experiences with fellow members, donors, and friends of the Zoo with top-quality accomodations and travel arrangements. Whichever trip you choose, you are sure to experience exciting and one of a kind opportunities to learn, discover and explore the world!
Working closely with professional tour operators, the Potawatomi Zoo provides high quality tours to both traditional and unique destinations. Our group tours are limited in size to ensure comfort and give you the most personal and enhanced experience possible. You will learn about conservation efforts in these regions, and you will be escorted by Zoo staff who will add his or her broad knowledge to your adventure.
Our goal is to inspire through education and experience - travel with the Potawatomi Zoo and return with memories that will last a lifetime!
Costa Rica (July 6 - 15, 2015)
With its abundance of reefs and rainforests, concern for conservation and truly incredible birdlife and amphibians, Costa Rica is the favored destination for those travelers with less time but a love of nature.
Prices per person
- $3,295 land only, double occupancy
- $895 single supplement
- $1,085 (from Chicago) or $1,190 (from South Bend) estimated international airfare, including airline taxes and fuel surcharges
Your journey includes:
- All ground transfers in air-conditioned motorcoach
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar
- Naturalist guide will accompany the group with a minimum of 10 travelers
- Zoo escort will accompany the group with minimum 15 travelers on the main program and 10 on the extension
- All meals as specificed
- All park entry fees on main program and extension
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes and gratities for baggage handling
- Complimentary baggage tags and passort wallet
For more informtion or reservations, please contact Lori Charles at Classic Escapes - 800.627.1244 or email@example.com
South Africa (August 25 - September 3, 2015)
If you're looking for an adventure join Marcy Dean, Potawatomi Zoological Society Director, on an unforgettable trip to South Africa this fall!
August 25 - September 3, 2015 - prices per person
- $3,795 land only; double occupancy
- $1,395 single room supplement (optional)
- $3,190 per person, additional, estimated international airafare from Chicago including fuel surcharges and airline taxes as well as Internal Air in Southern Africa.
- $790 per person, Internal flights in South Africa if international air is not purchased through Classic Escapes
Your journey includes:
- Roundtrip flight between Johannesburg and Victoria Falls on the post extension
- Superior accomodations throughout
- All meals while on safari; other meals as specified in itinerary
- Bottled water in vehicles during touring and safaris
- All wildlife viewing in 4x4 vehicles, driven by professional rangers
- Graham Johansson, specialist guidem, will accompany the group with a minimum of 10 travelers only on the Cape Town portion of the trip. Local guides throughout
- Potawatomi Zoo escort will accompany the group with a minimum of 15 travelers on the main program and 10 travelers on the extension
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling
- All park entry fees and sightseeing as specified
- Baggage tags and passport wallet
To register for a trip, or if you have any questions, please contact Marcy Dean, Potawatomi Zoo Executive Director, at 574-288-4639 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to ask about the post-extension trip to Johannesburg and Victoria Falls, Zimbabew!