Frequently Asked Questions
Helpful answers to our most frequently asked membership questions
Q. How long is my membership valid?
Your membership if valid for one full year from the time of purchase.
Q. How can I purchase or renew a zoo membership?
We offer five easy options:
- Onsite - Memberships purchased at the zoo's Membership Booth prior to your visit are effective immediately and a temporary membership card is issued to you on the spot!
- Online - just choose a membership and fill out the form.
- By phone - call the Potawatomi Zoological Society at (574) 288-4639 Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Purchases by phone will be accepted with a MasterCard or Visa.
- We can also mail a brochure/application to you. Just fill out the information on the brochure request form and return it by mail.
- Print and complete the online membership application and fax it to (574) 289-3776.
Q. How old must I be to have a membership in my name?
You must be at least 18-years-old or older to have a membership in your name.
Q. How long will it take to receive my membership cards?
If you submit your application in person, by mail, fax, online or by phone, your membership will be processed and mailed to you within fifteen business days. Memberships purchased at the zoo prior to your visit are effective immediately and a temporary membership card is issued to you on the spot!
Q. How many cards will I receive?
Two. Additional sets of two cards are $5.00 per set. Please allow up to 15 business days for processing zoo memberships purchased by any method. Tickets for attractions and premiums (for some levels) will be mailed with your membership cards.
Q. Can I loan out my membership card to a family member or friend?
No, your membership card(s) and associated privileges are not transferable to any other individual. Your membership has a tremendous value. To protect the rights of our members, we will ask to see your photo ID, such as a driver's license, at the time of your visit.
Q. What do I do if I lose my membership card?
Call the Potawatomi Zoological Society at (574) 288-4639 to report lost cards. There is a $5.00 fee for replacement cards.