3-4 Year Olds
Tiny Explorers allows your 3-4 year olds to explore the world of animals through crafts, games, and activities. The class will also visit the animal that we are studying. Each class is offered multiple times per month, so you can select the date which works best for you. The class fee includes registration for 1 child and 1 adult; there is an extra fee for additional children or adults.
5-6 Year Olds
Junior Naturalists classes are an opportunity for 5-6 year olds to have a wild time learning about animals through crafts, games, activities, and zoo walks.
Nyati ZooCamp is a half-day camp in which ZooCampers will discover the different animal families. Topics include (1) Critter Classification: Herps, Inverts, & Fish, (2) Critter Classification: the Furred & the Feathered.
7-9 Year Olds
Future Zoologists can learn more about animals today by attending these one-day classes, which can contain crafts, games, activities, and zoo walks.
Nyoka ZooCamp allows participants to explore different habitats and find out what animals live there and how they survive. Topics include (1) Fantastic Forests, (2) Wet n’ Wild, (3) Grassland Journeys & Desert Discoveries.
10-12 Year Olds
Nyuni ZooCamp takes a closer look at animal adaptations and lets the campers see how they measure up in (1) Challenge: Adapt!, investigates what it takes to run a zoo in (2) If I Ran the Zoo, and uncovers the plight of endangered species and discovers what we can do to help in (3) Conservation Crusaders.
Wild Rangers offer 10-12 year olds a chance to discover something new about animals, habitats, and the world around us. These classes can include art, activities, games, and zoo walks
Zoo Class Information & Policies
Click here to read the complete list of Potawatomi Zoo Education Department policies regarding classes and camps. This information includes drop-off/pick-up,
- Mail or Fax: Print and complete a registration form then fax to #574-235-9080 or mail to Potawatomi Zoo Education Department at 500 S. Greenlawn Ave., South Bend, IN 46615.
- Please note the age requirements for each class as only students of the listed age will be enrolled.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes, and registrations must be received 1 week prior to class. This registration cut-off allows education staff time to prepare the necessary materials, so no registrations will be accepted beyond this deadline.
- Complete one registration form per student (except for Tiny Explorers which submits one registration per family) and be sure to include payment. Registrations will not be processed without payment.
- Some classes allow you to select a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of session. When available and selected, you will be automatically registered in your 2nd/3rd choice if your 1st/2nd choice is filled.
- If a class is filled, you will be placed on a waiting list. If space becomes available, the Education Department will contact individuals from the waiting list until the spot can be filled. Payment will not be processed unless you can be registered in the class.
- If you cancel your registration at least 1 week prior to class, you can opt to receive a credit voucher for the full registration amount or a refund for 50% of the registration fee.
- If you cancel your registration with at least 48 hours notice, you can receive a household credit for the full registration amount.
- If the Education Department has to cancel a class due to low enrollment or inclement weather, you will be receive a full refund as either a credit voucher or check/credit.