Potawatomi Zoological Society Cordially Invites you On A Classic Safari To Kenya - The Original Safari Destination
Hosted by Marcy Dean, Director
November 9 To 20, 2013
Days 1-4: South Bend/En Route/Nairobi
Nairobi Safari Park Hotel (Meals Aloft; B; B, L, D)
Upon arrival in Nairobi, you’ll be escorted to your hotel. Visit local sites the following day. Your resort hotel showcases landscaped gardens, rich with exotic African plants and birds, as well as many amenities.
Day 5: Mount Kenya
Serena Mountain Lodge (B, L, D)
Drive through rich farmland and verdant slopes en route to your tree hotel. Standing at 2,195 meters (7,200 feet) on the slopes of snow-capped Mount Kenya, it is ringed by dense rain forest that comes alive at dusk. Your room overlooks an illuminated waterhole, where wildlife may congregate throughout the day and night.
Days 6-7: Sweetwaters
Sweetwaters Tented Camp (B, L, D daily)
Explore Sweetwaters Reserve, one of only four private wildlife reserves in Kenya. Exquisitely appointed tents under thatched roofs offer en suite facilities and private verandahs.
Day 8: Lake Nakuru National Park
Sarova Lion Hill Lodge (B, L, D)
See the shallow, alkaline lake that is world renowned for its huge concentration of flamingos. Your lodge offers a panoramic view of the pink shoreline created by the flamingos on Lake Nakuru.
Days 9-10: Maasai Mara/Northern Serengeti
Mara Serena Safari Lodge (B, L, D daily)
Enjoy three days of wildlife viewing as the famed “Jewel of Africa,” the Maasai Manyatta village of domed huts, and is set on the saddle of a hill overlooking 695 square miles of rolling plains, woodlands and rivers that make up the Maasai Mara Triangle – one of the world’s richest wildlife sanctuaries.
Days 11-12: Massai Mara/Nairobi/Addis Ababa/Washington/Baton Rouge
(B; Meals Aloft)
Drive back to Nairobi before boarding your plane to Addis Ababa in the afternoon. Fly back home in the evening, brining with you memories of the wonderful sights of East Africa.
Your Journey Costs
November 9-20, 2013 – prices per person
· $3,995 land only; double occupancy
· $795 single room supplement (optional)
· $2,000 estimated international airfare from South Bend, including departure taxes and fuel surcharges.
Your Journey Includes
· Flight between the Maasai Mara and Mombasa on the extension, returning from Mombasa on Ethiopian Airlines.
· Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
· American breakfast in Nairobi; all meals while on safari; other meals as specified.
· All wildlife viewing by minibus, driven by a naturalist driver/guide.
· Professional Naturalist with a minimum of 10 travelers.
· A maximum of 6 travelers per minibus. A window seat is guaranteed!
· Welcome dinner at Tamarind Restaurant.
· Visit to Daphne Sheldrick’s Animal Orphanage, Giraffe Centre, and Karen Blixen’s Home in Nairobi.
· Visit to Mt. Kenya Safari Club Orphanage.
· Visit to Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Sweetwaters.
· Potawatomi Zoo escort with minimum of 10 travelers on the main program and with minimum or 6 travelers on either extension.
· Complimentary bottled water in vehicles.
· Gratuities for baggage handling, hotel tips, and taxes for included services.
· Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
· All park entry fees.
· Complimentary luggage tags and passport wallet.
Contact Marcy Dean, Society Director, for more information on our upcoming African Safari at 574-288-4639 or email@example.com.
Don’t forget to ask about the pre-extension to Amboseli and Tsavo and post-extension to Mombasa!